[Wolves] List Stats

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 09:24:38 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 19:07, Barbie wrote:

> Seeing as Peter hasn't run his script for a while, and the other day I had
> a bit of free time, I thought I'd have a crack at writing a Perl script to
> do the list stats. I've just cleaned up the output a bit, and the results
> can be seen online:
>
> http://barbie.perldrunks.org/wolveslug/stats-2004.html
>
> I shall try and get around to automate the updates, but for now I'll try
> and remember to do it by hand :)
>
> Anything that might be worth adding or changing?
>
> When I get some more time I want to generate some graphs based on the stats
> too.
>
> Enjoy,
> Barbie.

Great job! chuffed to bits that I have started a sort of project.

I haven't run the script for a while because;
1. I'm a lazy so and so
2. I wiped this Laptop and did a fresh install of FC3

Too busy getting it back to how I liked it to muck about with the script
anyway yours seems very much better than mine (not surprising) I take it you
fixed the issue I had regarding repeat logging instances? I also like the
Date section whats the [130]? or shouldn't that be displayed?

If there was some way I could assist you I would but I have no knowledge of
writing scripts as I said I just used to run the thing a friend of mine wrote
it.

He was going to set up a cron job to run it weekly or monthly but never got
around to it.

As I said when we met this really interests me so please keep me informed even
if no one else is interested. :-)

I suppose its no big deal to you but I for one think its great! well done :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk