[Wolves] Cheap modem

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 17:02:25 GMT 2004

Hi Folk

I was on the next quest of converting people to Linux
today. I installed SuSE 9.0 pro on my friend's pc,
everything is working, printer, scanner, digital
camera etc. The only thing is the modem. I tried three
different modems and none worked :-( Where can I get
hold of a cheap dial up modem internal or external usb
that works with SuSE?

Whilst I am on the subject of modems, how can I tell
the difference between a winmodem and others?

Thanks for your help

Mo