[Wolves] Feel the Ubuntu

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sat Nov 27 01:25:20 GMT 2004

Well, I've finally migrated over to Ubuntu.

This was in no small part because I got completely pissed off with an
apt-get upgrade taking ages on my Debian/Knoppix install, after having
broken twice, and so I pulled the plug. On reboot it threw a wobbler
because there was no initrd and wouldn't boot. Not the best decision
I've ever made, but what can I say; it's been a bad week.

I have also given in completely and started using Evolution.

Stone me, there are a lot of buttons. Oof. Must turn half this UI off!

But it's all part of the Great Gnome Brainwash Approach where they make
it all integrate with the rest of the world, and I like that, so I've
caved.

After getting six hundred and thirty emails in one twelve hour period,
over six hundred of which were virus mails, I've also installed clamav
and clamassassin on angel, my mailserver, and then used procmail on my
machine to filter virus-detected mails into a separate folder. Hooray!
As soon as I'm satisfied that it doesn't give false positives, I'll
start filtering them into /dev/null on the mail server and thus save
myself a shedload of bandwidth every day downloading mails that I'm
going to immediately delete. Details of this process available on
request. or possibly when I write them up somewhere on kryogenix.org.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Off now to work out how to do random signatures.

Aq.