[Wolves] Brumcon on Midlands Today

Philip Moore ptm48 at uklinux.net
Mon Oct 4 17:30:10 BST 2004

Hi

There are many words that have been hijacked and misrepresented both
syntactically and semantically to the detriment of the English language - I
am sure we can all think of many examples but the term 'hacker' is a prime
example of the desecration of the English language by the ignorant and
misinformed (my view but there we go!).

I will stick with the original derivation and meaning and ignore those who
choose to use the corrupted (and incorrect in my eyes) meaning applied.

A correct term I would propose for those miscreants who attack computer
systems (if anyone is interested read the paper 'The Ethical Hacker') is
'cyber criminal'.

Philip Moore