[Wolves] SMS messages

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 23:58:18 BST 2004

On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 14:11, Gary wrote:
> Has anyone got any ideas on how to send and receive SMS messages via Linux.

Try this page: http://tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_sms.html

I've successfully sent messages from Linux using a standard 56K modem and the
TAP protocol. It may be more cost effective than buying some £180 gadget if
you are sending fairly small volumes of messages (like a customer registering
a product just once!).

Unfortunately this was ages ago and I can't remember the name of the program -
a command line tool - something like sms_send??? I think it came on an old
Red Hat Powertools disc (one of the supplementary discs that used to come
with the boxed sets).

Regards,

James