[Wolves] Shutdown problem

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 21:10:43 GMT 2004

Okey dokey.  I've checked the BIOS on the mobo.  APM is supported as
is ACPI.  Problem is when I try to check power management in YaST I
get a message stating that ACPI/APM is not supported on this system.
I suspect from this that it is not enabled in the kernel.  It should
be by default according to the manuals.  This thought is further
backed up by the fact that there is no file or folder in the /proc
directory - apparently there should be.

So, what I need to know is how do I implement APM into the kernel at boot time?

Please :-))))))