[Wolves] Chris : Midlands Today

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Apr 14 18:45:17 BST 2005

On 14 Apr 2005, at 18:29, baza wrote:

> Out of a sense of adventure I'm thinking about microwaving my old
> Toshy 486. How long do you all think I should 'cook' it for??

if it's working I would donate it to a good cause but if it's really
knackered I would remove the batteries (I think these might explode
pretty quickly) and give it a short dose.  You might also want to use
an old microwave because I think it knackers the shielding if arcs
touch the cage.  Above all make sure your video camera works close to
the microwave and you document all the stages so we all get to see it.

Oh and you might want to wait until you recover a little more from
having bits chopped off in case you need to run away.  I can imagine
the doc asking how you injured yourself and you having to explain
nuking a computer to see if it still works afterwards ;-)  Unless of
course you video the whole thing then the doc might be interested in
copy.

I wonder if Chris has readings of warming up old pizza? ;-)

> Baza

sparkes