[Wolves] Ubuntu - Flavour of the Month or Year??

Tim Humpherson tim.humpherson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:30:39 BST 2005

I acquired another spare Hard Drive and fancied having a go with a
different Linux system.  I already have SuSE 9.2 Pro and FC3.  But
want to try debian-based OS, such as Ubuntu.

I am aware that SuSE has excellent USB connectivity (recognised what's
plugged in, with most devices - except my webcam, unfortunately).....
does Ubuntu offer the same ease of use, ie. would it recognise digital
camera, Canon LiDE30 scanner and also Epson R300?

An interesting debate would be appreciated and I don't need anything
like "SuSE is better than FC3" and others say "FC3 is better than
SuSE".  I do realise that not all of us are the same and some would
stick to their own perferences.  I, for one, want to explore several
Linuxes, and try to get any of them working with what I require it to
work.  If it meets my criteria, then I would STICK with that
particular Linux OS.

As I have tried SuSE 9.2 Pro, FC3, Mandrake 10, Slackware, Xandros,
Knoppix, Gnoppix, Debian (not fully tried as pretty darn hard to
install - not a criticism, but what I experienced, that's all).

Much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tim