[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:04:31 BST 2005

On 4/21/05, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 April 2005 12:14, Peter Cannon wrote:
>
> The plot thickens!!
>
> Following on from the IP thingy I posted under this thread the other day I've
> now started getting these mails;
>
> ---<pasted>---
>
> This email was generated by the smartd daemon running on:
>
> host name: centrosales.co.uk
> DNS domain: co.uk
> NIS domain: (none)
>
> The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:
>
> Device: /dev/hda, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
>
> For details see host's SYSLOG (default: /var/log/messages).
>
> You can also use the smartctl utility for further investigation.
> No additional email messages about this problem will be sent.
>
> ---<End paste>---
>
> Now am I being stupid? but I'm using /dev/hda so it is bloody readable!
>
> I used the smartctrl utility but having never used it before I didn't
> understand what it was saying, got a nose bleed and gave up.
>
> Probably unconnected but these oddities started when I plugged my 200GB USB
> drive into this laptop (its at home so not currently connected) I'm 100%
> certain theres nothing wrong with my hard drive.
>
> Thoughts, comments and flamming crosses to the usual address :-)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Peter Cannon.
> peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
> Fedora Core 3 & Suse Pro 9.2
>
> "There is every excuse for not knowing
> there is no excuse for not asking"

I bet it's all down to me driving past your office a couple of days
ago -Monday morning - and blasting on the horn.

Well, a quick toot just to say hi anyway ;-)))

Seriously though, it's not something set up by one of your colleagues
is it?  Somebody who doesn't like Linux so is trying to trash your PC?
 Or is that just pure paranoia?

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer