[Wolves] Any Idea whats going on?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 14:20:59 BST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 11:05, Kevanf1 wrote:

> I bet it's all down to me driving past your office a couple of days
> ago -Monday morning - and blasting on the horn.

Thank god for that! when I heard the noise I thought it was me breaking wind
very badly :-)

> Well, a quick toot just to say hi anyway ;-)))

After your last driving incident I did say let me know when your on the road
so we can all hide. :-P

> Seriously though, it's not something set up by one of your colleagues
> is it?  Somebody who doesn't like Linux so is trying to trash your PC?
>  Or is that just pure paranoia?

Its my own fault for reading my exam books, I used to ignore this type of
stuff but now I'm being more observant.

Had it confirmed that those IP's are our internal boxes so theres no panic
there. You may be on the right track regarding someone here and not liking
Linux. It may have been an attempt to see what I'm doing/done as I have said
many times before the moment theres a problem with our Internet or Network
everyone shouts "Are doing a bloody Linux download?" I just ignore them now,
silence speaks volumes!

Interstingly enough I'm surreptitiously getting Linux'y stuff used here, as
you all know we are using SugarCRM hosted on a Debian Server I stuck Firefox
on all of my telesales peoples machines (They all think its part and parcel
of Sugar) I'm running RHEL 4 (on VMware) on my Sales machine (I can do a post
on some thoughts if anyone wants?) along with this Fedora Laptop.

Now the biggest laugh one of the Directors said to me the other day "Why don't
you put together a Linux Server deal with SugarCRM?"

He picked his teeth up with his broken arm and slopped off back to his office,
kill that Linux download, people I ask ya.

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk