[Wolves] Ascii spam

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 09:36:37 BST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 09:13, Peter Cannon wrote:

> Hi Dave
>
> Any chance you can forward me a copy? or have you shredded it? I was hoping
> to pick up some tips (Only kidding) actually I'm interested from a
> knowledge point of view for the next time I get into a SPAM spat!

Cheers for the forwarded spam, very interesting, Ive only had a quick look
very clever how the message looks small and compact but when you view the
source its very big and all over the place.

If I'm reading it right the thing is HTML?

My first thoughts are, anyone with a good anti-spam program should stop this
in its tracks seeing as the word Tablets is in the subject line, typical
spammer trick of spelling save as savv.

I like the ones that are spelt v-i-a-g-r-a this is trying to get round the
rules that your spam blocker uses.

I take it that was the whole message? See these are pointless mails apart from
the subject line (which only alludes to what the mail might be about) the
body of the message is totally mystifying.

Theres no contact details (Other than the senders email which is probably just
a mailer) so even if I wanted tablets Christ knows how I would get them from
these people.

This is defiantly SPAM, it meets my criteria;
1. No contact details.
2. No Unsubscribe facility.

I personally wouldn't get suicidal about getting it as, on the face of it, it
seems fairly small and inoffensive.

The delete key is located top right just by the backspace key :-)

(I must figure out how to put this Ascii stuff to good use) ;-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.co.uk