[Wolves] Your Feedback Please ! :) - Linux on my work laptop.

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 09:26:07 BST 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 07:12, David Goodwin wrote:

> > 2) Control Servers\Workstations (I know already I can do this via
> > RDesktop)
>
> NX, VNC, rdesktop....
> (There is no Linux version of pcanywhere though)

Krdc works very well with Suse, currently using it from this Fedora Laptop to
log on to a Suse/Apache web server due to go live a.s.a.p.

You can also use Konqueror to browse your network.

To a certain extent its irrelevant what OS you use wether its Suse, Ubuntu
blah blah blah. So long as your hardware is supported by the Distro of your
choice.

With regards functionality nearly all of them come with the applications you
need if not then they are available from sourceforge etc.

I'm starting to see a lot of the same mistakes people make with
Windows/Microsoft but in a different way. If you sell a PC with XP on it and
ask "And what office package would you like?" even in 2005 you still get the
response "What? isn't that in XP then?".

With Linux I'm seeing posts that indicate people are under the impression
certain Distros come with differant applications which of course is not
strictly true.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon