[Wolves] Your Feedback Please ! :) - Linux on my work laptop.

trog trog at trog-oz.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 20:47:59 BST 2005

On Monday 15 August 2005 08:26, Peter Cannon wrote:

> I'm starting to see a lot of the same mistakes people make with
> Windows/Microsoft but in a different way. If you sell a PC with XP on it
> and ask "And what office package would you like?" even in 2005 you still
> get the response "What? isn't that in XP then?".

Some weeks ago, one of teachers at the school where I work, came to me to say
that "I can't find Windows on my laptop".  So I fires it up, and up comes XP.
"There you go, that's Windows".  "No it's not", says the teacher, "I want to
do some word processing, and I can't".  "Ahhh", says I, "You want either a
word processor, or preferably an office suite, and XP doesn't come with
that".  "Oh", says teacher, "What can I do?"  "Well, either spend more money
and buy MS/Office or we can install Open Office for free".  "I'll go and have
a think", says teacher and AFAIK he's still thinking about it.

--
Trog Woolley  |  trog at trog hyphen oz dot demon dot co dot uk
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)