[Wolves] linux certification

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 13:56:01 BST 2005

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Moodle Site!
>
> Where do they get these names from? its basically
> Mambo isn't it? I've been
> playing with Mambo for the last three weeks hoping
> to put something up very
> soon.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moodle

Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment.

It is similar to Mambo in that it uses PHP, MySQL and
Apache, but it is a managed learning environment, not
a CMS. It is fully educational course oriented and
quite a community has built up around it.

Moodle is great, I set one up for the college I did my
work placement at and it beat the pants off the
failing system they were about to pay 5 big ones for.
I haven't looked at Moodle much since I left though,
so I haven't seen the developments made in the last 12
months.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk