[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:10:22 BST 2005

Hi all,

I have been thinking recently about ways to re-vitalise the LUG and
bring some more interesting content to our meetings. I am keen to keep
the meetings very social and fun, but to also provide a means in which
we can explore different subjects and topics in more detail. This
could include presentations, demos and more.

To do this we will need to work together. Historically, changes in
direction in social groups is met with enthusiasm and then no one
helps out. I hope we can be a little different.

So, what ideas do you all have? Presentations is an obvious one, but I
think it would be important to keep the presentations to really
interesting subjects (this is obviously objective). I don't think any
of us want company PR and dull over-technical discussions.

Also, our website need s spring clean. I don't have a lot of time to
dedicate to it. Would anyone like to create another site that gives
the same kind of information we have now, but is a bit more dynamic
and interesting?

  Jono