[Wolves] Revitalising the LUG

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 16:54:36 BST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 16:13, Steve Parkes wrote:

> I want nothing to do with Peters Mambo ;-)

:D "My Mambo and you're Mambo sitting by the fire......."

I'm gonna write a program and call it MumboJumbo ain't it the truth baby?

> sensiblly Mambo has more in common with the nuke shite we had for a
> while than plone which can turn out a very professional site once you
> have played with the css to stop it looking the same as every other
> plone site ;-)

Hey its all new to me, its the features I like and all I was thinking was ease
of use and all in one location. Login stick some news/comments on plonk a
link in. It doesn't have to be Mambo I'm sure people with SQL & PHP or HTML
skills could put something together.

> I think an attempt to go for a community style site will turn out
> looking like every other piss poor lug site out their with only one or
> two people attempting to start a mini slashdot, been there done that,
> next please.  A plone site with authorship granted to anyone who wants
> it is open enough and will end the 'next meeting' horror stories with
> far less problems ;-)

On the one hand we could do with a site like Fedora Forum (I don't know what
the application/package/program is called) the problem is nobody has the time
to manage it as I think (I don't know) they have to be moderated.

The problem I've always felt with Wolves-Lug website is everything is all over
the place centralisation is the key to good promotion.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon