[Wolves] Updating from RH8 to Fedora X (was remote update of pc)

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 00:24:03 GMT 2005

When I bit the bullet and rebooted the server with a cdrom fitted, I
found that it was the only pc in the building
still running RH8 rather than Fedora 1, I'd forgotton it and never got
round to updating it as it runs so well.

So do I update to FC1, 2 or 3 and more crucially will it break anything?

I currently use it for
Web
Email (Exim)
Mysql/php

Variuos things have been tweake to suit, I don't want to have to do them
again.

Or should I leave it alone, build a pc and put FCx straight onto it, and
then swop service over one by one to the new box?

Cheers

Wayne