FC3, was Re: [Wolves] Ubuntu's boot-up 'me time'

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 15:55:58 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 15:34, Adam Sweet wrote:

> So let me get this straight: you use the CDs to
> install your apps and use yum/up2date/apt/synaptic or
> whatever to instal security updates?

Yep! follow the install wizard, do a custom install if you like so that you
can choose what desktop and apps you want.

When finished just do;

yum install apt synaptic

(Connected to the net of course) (Oh and make sure yum is installed, its on
the disc)

> Yes I am in the Debian mindset, point taken Pete. But you can install
> extra stuff from the repositries with the right
> sources in your config file. I will be badgering you
> for some decent sources at some point then.

No problem, but once you get Synaptic on (Via yum, stupid I know but there it
is) the repos will be there for you its dead easy to add more if you want,

IMHO don't use ATRPMS I had really bad conflict trouble with this guys
packages, he was very nice about it and we exchange quit a few mails.
(it may be sorted now but "Once bitten twice shy")

> Thanks for your help. It may be better to talk about
> this in pertson at a LUG meeting perhaps, shame I
> couldn't make last night.

Yeah then the Fedora users would have been the majority :-P

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk