[Wolves] Sound documentation

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 20:14:43 GMT 2005

A while back someone posted about the Agnula project to create
low-latency kernels based on Debian and Red Hat to support professional
sound processing.
I had a quick look at the time but decided I wasn't ready to invest in a
dedicated sound PC. What I didn't notice at the time was the quality of
the documentation that has been produced for the project by Dave Phillips.

I finally understand(ish) how ALSA, OSS, JACK and LADSPA relate to one
another. Have you noticed how they are all shouted? I guess it's to be
heard above the din.

I was particularly impressed by the diagram at the bottom of this page
http://www.agnula.org/documentation/dp_tutorials/alsa_jack_ladspa/

Didn't I see JACK-rack listed in Synaptic?

Woo