[Wolves] setup a internet link during bootup on Ubuntu (warty)

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 01:41:43 GMT 2005

 --- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

<big snip>

> I just had a mooch at the router settings and it is
> set to time out the
> net if none of the network pc's are using it. If I
> set that to never
> time out would piss off my ISP??

Mine, nor anybody elses that I know of, has ever
complained. The product is described as 'always on'.
And mine is (I use Smoothwall as a permanent
firewall/router/gateway).

Your connection will drop occasionally, I don't know
why that is, line conditions maybe (anyone?), but if
you set it to auto-reconnect you shouldn't see much
down time, seconds at the most.

I helped after all :)

Ad

=====