[Wolves] Network problems

Mark Ellse me at chaseacademy.com
Thu Jan 6 12:54:43 GMT 2005

Dear All,

We have a Windows peer-to-peer network here (with a number of linux
servers thanks to Ron). Recently we have intermittantly found problems
in browsing the network as follows:

The network is working clearly working fine. We can use the internet,
ping other machines, even log onto them by the shortcuts that Windows
remembers, but we can't browse the network because if we click
'Computers near me' it says:

Workgroup is not accessible
The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available

Obviously the master browser has gone down in some way. Is it telling
the network that it is doing the job, but not actually doing so? Is
there any easy way on a network of thirty machines of finding which is
the master browser?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Cheers,

Mark