[Wolves] Suse Pro 9.2 AKA Mo killed my Modem

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 08:48:17 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 08:35, Mo Awkati wrote:

> When you say system sound do you mean when KDE is
> laoding or when you make a mistake it bleeps at you?
> If so, again control center>sound>system notifications
> and look carefully at what is enable. In previous post
> I mentioned that KDE start up sound file points to a
> file that does not exist, change from EW_Starup_1.wav
> to EW_Startup_1.ogg and when KDE is starting up you
> now get a whole orchestra!!

Blimey Mo your like me messing about on your PC in the early hours of Sunday
morning! I'm here coz the misses is at work if she was home I'd be in
terrible trouble theres washing up to be done :-)

I sorted your .ogg fix first off (well spotted by the way) I don't get any
system sounds you know program opens, new mail blah blah blah.

There could be two reasons;

1. I did mess around with the sound card type but then again CD's play and I
had no system sound to start with.
2. It could be something else is grabbing control of the sound I need to dig
back through old mails to find out how to check this.

> I am interest to find how you resolve the shut down
> issue as one of my converts is having a problem with
> it.

See my reply to Ron this gives a bit more info or possible clue as to the
reason, like you its the fix I need to sort out :-)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon