[Wolves] You win some, you lose some

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 21:31:22 GMT 2005

I had an ultimate kick in the teeth today. One of my
converts did not stick with SuSE more than one day
because its not supported by AOL! Took off SuSE and
installed XP! The main reason for changing to Linux
was viruses. I said "I don't want to put a damper on
it, but soon you will be back to square one". I was
not involved in the Linux installation process or
setting it up.

I felt quite disappointed, but when I fired up my pc
tonight, it was very spirit up lifting. Its stable,
safe, secure, beauitful etc. etc. etc. People accept
the flaws in windows because thats the way it is.

My biggest fear is that we don't end up with too many
distors and none of then are kept being polished for
the home user. We thrive on sorting issues out and
when we get things to work we get a kick out of it, I
certainly do. I want to see as a perfect Linux distro
as one can get, so that I feel confident when I
suggest to someone to change over to Linux I don't end
up giving them 24/7 support. My other fear is that
people like SUSE, Mandrake, Fedora and so on give up
on the home market and spend time on the enterprise
servers, both have to go together because people in
the work environment are also home users, if they use
Linux at work they will more than likley use it at
home if it is available.

Sorry for going on about things this is the only place
I can talk about this where I will be understood!

I am off to have a nice cup of tea and think about how
fortunate I am to be part of Linux. :-)

Mo