[Wolves] Microsoft licensing - (continued from the LUG meating)

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Tue Jan 11 10:47:18 GMT 2005

On 11/1/2005, "Kevanf1" <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Adding to this, I will say that I have been angry about the whole area
>of copyright for much longer than I have known about the DRM or even
>the whole Open Source ethos.  It all started when I realised -
>literally decades ago - that a certain Mr Disney was allowed to use
>old stories and then place copyright on them just through a few minor
>alterations.  Ok, that's glossing over it in a big way, but it
>intrigued and angered me at the time.  I think I was in my early teens
>then :-)

Yep. And you'll notice that, despite Disney having made a goodly
propertion of their money from making films of old tales which are now
in the public domain, they have furiously (and successfully) lobbied to
have the copyright dates extended for longer so that we can't do the
same with any of _their_ property, like Mickey Mouse...

Aq.