[Wolves] Fedora Core 3

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 09:59:30 GMT 2005

On Thursday 20 January 2005 09:38, sparkes wrote:

> The only updates you should make to a stable released product are
> security fixes and as these are all made available to users online (and
> via yum or whatever package management tools you use) this is the
> expected behaviour.

You misunderstand me :-) what I meant was I don't think they can be arsed to
put a 'fresh, up to date iso up' not a new release. As you pointed out some
time ago Fedora isn't a stable release in the strictest sense it is, as
clearly stated on Redhats site, an off shoot testbed.

The stable releases are Redhat pay-for products.

> I would be more wary of a product that released massive iso's every time
> a fix comes out than one that releases a stable product and leaves it as
> finished.

But as you said "Its a dead end distribution as it will never be finished" ;-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk