[Wolves] To all LUGgers.....

Gary gary at leamore.net
Mon Jan 24 09:41:38 GMT 2005

  I'd be interested to hear which Linux Distros
  [ This seems to have broadened to all Unices ]
  you use and how do you rank yourself?

(Expert, Show-off, amateur, beginner, or nerdy)

  Go on.....  I'll start meself.....

1.  Tim  - will install Mandrake 10.1 - Beginner.

2.  sparkes - Debian / Ubuntu / OpenBSD / LFS / myown ;-) - been round the
block

3.  Ron - Gentoo / Ubuntu / SuSE - knew the block when it was a field.

4.  Ade - Fedora / Ubuntu / Suse - erm, Bald [ we need locking! ]

5.  Woo - Minix, Linux-FT, Red Hat, Fedora (current), OpenBSD & Ubuntu
(looking likely) Good at installations. Early stage of conversion from VMS
to *x. Love the concepts & the Linux community; hate the syntax.

6.  Pete C Fedora / Suse / White box (under VMware)/and hopefully will take
posession of Debian on DVD, tomorrow, £32.15 inc postage and packaging.

7.  Simonb: Fedora 3/ ubuntu/ own linux as well as freeBSD, IRIX, HP-UX.
Brought into it 9yrs ago, got voluntary position setting up HP-UX machines
when in> yr10 of secondary school and compiled my first kernel in the days
of the 2.2 kernel.

8.  James - Fedora / Red Hat / ARMLinux (although not very much the
latter) - Not as experienced as Ron 9.  Baza - Ubuntu Linux geeky amateur

10. Adam - Debian / Ubuntu. Skills are middling, I'm very capable but

there are a number of gaping holes. Not as experienced as James

11. Helen - Mandrake / Ubuntu (sort of) - very amateur

12. Mo SuSE-beginner-intermediate

13. Kevan - SuSE 9.2/Madrake 10.1 (very little used though) +I am ashamed to
admit Win 2000 on the family PC.  I would calss myself as intermediate now
as I've been around the block and learned very little.  I have had Corel
Linux up and running in the past and been a beta tester for Xandros.  I just
love to use Linux :-)

14. Rob - SuSE 9.2 - experience: absolute beginner but at least capable of
tidying up long mail threads ;)

15. David - Ubuntu / Sarge. Experience: Capable of nearly anything, but
lacking any C programming skills.  Started with RedHat 5.[02]{1} then moved
to Slackware in 97/98. Dabbled once with some *BSDs, didn't think much of
them. Part time Solaris9 admin a few years ago.

16. Gary - SuSE 9.2 - Stared with suse 6.2 and tried a few other distro's
over the years, but I always prefered SuSE. I'm no expert, but I can get by
with the help of google and this group.

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)