[Wolves] Ubuntu: Warty to Hoary?

David Goodwin dg at clocksoft.com
Mon Jan 24 14:11:01 GMT 2005

> change your apt-source and let dist-upgrade do the work

there might almost be less downloading if you can get a more recent cd?

> xorg is currently in a mess for me so I am using xfree86 for a couple of
> weeks but ymmv

I've been ok so far..

> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted
> deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-security main restricted
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary universe multiverse
> deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted universe
> multiverse
>
> should do the trick ;-)

I've not _yet_ had any problems tracking hoary, apart from one where
every so often when gnome loads (after booting up) the panel fails to
add it's buttons / launchers etc (it seems as if gnome hangs while
xargs kill seems to help fix it (i.e kill all processes and try logging
in again).

Not sure if this is a gnome problem, a hoary problem, or my own..
although we do have it occuring on two different machines (ppc laptop
and my desktop), all running hoary.

David.

--
David Goodwin