[Wolves] Ubuntu: Warty to Hoary?

Jono Bacon jonobacon at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 14:22:03 GMT 2005

Hi,

> I've not _yet_ had any problems tracking hoary,
> apart from one where
> every so often when gnome loads (after booting up)
> the panel fails to
> add it's buttons / launchers etc (it seems as if
> gnome hangs while
> awk '{print $2}' |
> xargs kill seems to help fix it (i.e kill all
> processes and try logging
> in again).

You can actually fix this by first stopping (not
killing) gdm, then killing naultius, gnome-vfs-daemon
and trashapplet. Then restart gdm and log back in.

This was a bug in the gnome-vfs-dameon from what I can
tell, and recently it seems to have been fixed, at
least on x86.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician