[Wolves] Cheap mono Laser at PC World

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Thu Jan 27 19:38:29 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 18:36 +0000, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:16:49 +0000, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> > On 27/1/2005, "Kevanf1" <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > >That sounds like my next door neighbour.  I have lost count of the
> > >number of times I have ended up reformatting his hard drive in total
> > >desperation.  I put Ad-Aware and Spy bot on for him so what happens?
> > >He forgets to update them and his kids go on every porn site
> > >imaginable.
> >
> > Firefox? Or does the spyware come from actually installing stuff?
> >
> > Aq.
> >
> They insist on using IE :-(  This is my neighbour don't forget.  All
> of my PC's have any reference to IE obliterated - the Windows ones
> that is.  Now before anybody says it I know you cannot altogether get
> rid of IE - there is something on the web that gets rid of most - so I
> have taken off all links etc.  Very low level stuff but having put in
> all the links for Firefox all my family are quite happy using it
> whether on Windows or Linux.

If you are fed up with fixing it fro free, start charging , say GBP
30.00 per hour to fix it.

While you will fix it for free, what incentive has he got to prevent the
system from becoming infected?  If he knows that an infection could cost
GBP 60.00 they will start to be much more careful (money is a very good
way of getting people to pay attention to detail!).

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
ron at wellsted.org.uk