[Wolves] Cheap mono Laser at PC World

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:37:06 GMT 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:09:36 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm 99% convinced its spy bot (but I might be wrong) what I will
> stand-up-and-be-counted-for is that the only product that I have found to be
> the best is Spysweeper (for Windows) we use it at work, I use it at home.
>
> So your selling it for £15.00? want to know what I sell it for?
> I sell shed loads! £35.00 a pop! plus £65.00 an hour for
> installation/configuration.
>
> Read it and weep :-)
>
> The way to do it is wait till their machine is crippled by ad-ware or better
> still its stuffed full of porn adds, load up Spysweeper, clean the machine,
> show them the amount of traces & programs found (that generally puts the
> willys up them, uninstall it then offer to sell it them. what I usually say
> then is "As I've already charged you for cleaning it I wont charge to
> re-install" they're generally begging by that point.
>
> Mind you £30.00 for health checks is a good un ;-)
>
> As Ron said, Kevan, you should charge. I know its not in the spirit of this
> list but there are times when it pays to charge, otherwise people start to
> take the p%$£

Oh I do agree unreservedly with both you and Ron.  I'm just too damn
soft hearted for my own good.

To think I used to do foriegners when I worked at the Uni.  £20 for
Fdisking (M$ version) a hard drive and reformatting then loading up
the software again.  Well, all it took was to pop a disk in every few
minutes while I read a good book :-)

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer