[Wolves] SuSE FTP Problems - word of warning

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:53:41 GMT 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:25:10 +0000, Peter Cannon
<peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
As I said before I
> tried to load KDE 3.3 from the Linux Format magazine, they had what was
> called a 'Suse version' but it didn't work it installed sort of OK but the
> previous version always loaded instead of 3.3

Did it load 3.3 into the wrong directory?  Probably too late now but I
seem to remember that SuSE puts stuff like KDE* into the opt directory
whereas other distros don't.  I've found that updates from unofficial
sources often do not go into the correct directory even though I have
used YAST to install them.  I now deliberately make sure the path is
full and correct.  The last itme was updating Firefox as 9.2 came with
an older version and it wasn't updated with YOU.  So I downloaded the
Linux version from the Mozilla site.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer