[Wolves] Re: more fedora (again)

Larry Tomkins ls.tomkins at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 6 14:12:40 BST 2005

Hello
What is the matter with all of you distro snobs?
I agree with Roundyz.
All distros have faults
Each to their own
How many "fresh" computer users and owners have ever
heard of Linux ? never mind fedora.
People think of computers and naturally associate
Windows.
I bet there is a high percentage of experienced users
that have heard of linux, but think it's a character
from a Peanuts cartoon not an operating system.
Everybody is a newby at sometime, everybody has to ask
questions, everybody has things that they don't know
it's not a crime that's how you learn.
 So instead of being bitter at someone who asks (what
you consider) a dumb question
   HELP THEM
that's the way forward !!
I have not been involved with this LUG for very long,
but I am quickly getting disillusioned with the
attitudes that I have experienced, you are giving
Linux very bad press. How do you expect to spread the
word?
Come on, get it together
Larry T.