[Wolves] Re: more fedora (again)

Larry Tomkins ls.tomkins at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 6 18:26:57 BST 2005

Hello
I am sorry if you have taken this all upon yourself,
but I can only speak from what I have seen from the
numerous e-mails. There seems to be little tolerance
for those of us that don't know as much as some
others.
This was in no way meant to be a personal vendetta
against yourself as you seem to think.

> > Each to their own
> > How many "fresh" computer users and owners have
> ever
> > heard of Linux ? never mind fedora.
> > People think of computers and naturally associate
> > Windows.
>
> Really I'd never have guessed
Really?

> And what dumb question was that? you've lost me.
You were never accused of anything

> I am the biggest defenders of Novices, I hate the
> word newbie, I take
> exception at your accusations of;
>
> quote -->"HELP THEM"
> quote -->"Giving Linux a bad press"
I too hate the word newbie, it's something that the
Linux communities use.
And I repeat that NOBODY has accused you of anything

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wednesday 06 July 2005 14:11, Larry Tomkins
> wrote:
>
> > What is the matter with all of you distro snobs?
>
> I try not to rise to this type of flame bait but I'm
> having a bad day so here
> we go!
>
> In no way could you call me a Distro snob!
>
> I've used that many I've lost count I am in the
> fortunate position of having
> access to hundreds of PC's and laptops most get some
> form of Linux loaded on
> them as a trial.
>
> Yes I have two distributions that I favor but then
> so do most people you cant
> work them all all the time.
>
> > I agree with Roundyz.
> > All distros have faults
>
> And so do I
>
> > Each to their own
> > How many "fresh" computer users and owners have
> ever
> > heard of Linux ? never mind fedora.
> > People think of computers and naturally associate
> > Windows.
>
> Really I'd never have guessed
>
> > I bet there is a high percentage of experienced
> users
> > that have heard of linux, but think it's a
> character
> > from a Peanuts cartoon not an operating system.
> > Everybody is a newby at sometime, everybody has to
> ask
> > questions, everybody has things that they don't
> know
> > it's not a crime that's how you learn.
> >  So instead of being bitter at someone who asks
> (what
> > you consider) a dumb question
> >    HELP THEM
>
> And what dumb question was that? you've lost me.
>
> > that's the way forward !!
> > I have not been involved with this LUG for very
> long,
> > but I am quickly getting disillusioned with the
> > attitudes that I have experienced, you are giving
> > Linux very bad press. How do you expect to spread
> the
> > word?
>
> I am a shining example of a Linux convert who has
> dragged himself up from
> nothing the hard way from whining that nobody would
> help getting into spats
> and generally throwing my toys around!
>
> I have helped numerous members both on and off this
> and other lists, I have
> also given away more kit and software than you'll
> ever know.
>
> I am the biggest defenders of Novices, I hate the
> word newbie, I take
> exception at your accusations of;
>
> quote -->"HELP THEM"
> quote -->"Giving Linux a bad press"
>
> I suggest in future you;
>
> 1. READ ALL  the content of my mails
> 2. Understand whats being said
> 3. Realise that on this occasion it was just a
> friendly piss take out of each
> other which if you had done 1. & 2. would have been
> obvious.

I suggest in future you;
1. If you have had a bad day get a punch bag
2. What are you insinuating?
3. Realise that this was not aimed at you personally,
if you had you would have realised you were not being
accused of anything.

Calm down or you will end up with high blood pressure
like me.
Regards
Larry T.