[Wolves] Re: more fedora (again)

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 10:32:17 BST 2005

On 06/07/05, Larry Tomkins <ls.tomkins at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Hello
> I am sorry if you have taken this all upon yourself,
> but I can only speak from what I have seen from the
> numerous e-mails. There seems to be little tolerance
> for those of us that don't know as much as some
> others.
> This was in no way meant to be a personal vendetta
> against yourself as you seem to think.

Nah, Peter doesn't take it all upon himself as being personal that's
just his way.  There are two areas of thought with Linux - or indeed
anything that is new and needs to be learned.  First you ask and you
get help just like that.  Ok, that will get you up and running.  The
second way is when somebody points you in the right direction of
helping yourself.  Which is the best way?

There is an old short tale about a couple of caterpillars.  Stay with
me on this it is relevant :-)  Both caterpillars are ready to emerge
from chrysalis state (ok so the being pedantic they were not really
caterpillars).  The first 'chrysalis' is helped by a friendly
naturalist.  It emerges but is weak and drab looking.  The second
'chrysalis' has to fight and struggle and is generally worn out by the
time it emerges.  But in the struggle its muscles have had a good work
out, the blood has pumped around its delicate veins and as it unfurls
its new found wings it is a quite spectacularly beautiful butterfly.
It then rests for 5 minutes and flies off strongly.  The first
butterfly is bedraggled and dull looking.  It can fly but only just
and because of this none of the lady butterflies want to mate with it
and so it's line ceases.  The second one goes on to father hundreds of
future generations of butterfly.  That's a tale based upon fact in
nature.  Now, which is best?  To be hand held every step of the way or
to be shown the path to enlightenment?

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer