[Wolves] Serial terminal

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 20:42:34 BST 2005

> Can anyone tell me what parameters I need to know
> (apart from the outgoing serial port on the server -
> ttyS1), what files I need to edit and recommednations
> for a terminal emulator
> (minicom/telix/hyperterminal/seyon etc.

Lazy sod ;)

Edit /etc/inittab, add entries for /dev/ttyS1 (line speed/partity etc
probably need to match). After editing /etc/inittab, run "init q" and
you should see something if you have a termianl plugged in.
(Most /etc/inittab's have commented out entries for terminals)

If you want the console to be on a terminal, you need to just pass
"console=ttyS1" (i think) to the kernel on bootup (i.e. edit grub's
menu.lst)

David.

--
David Goodwin