[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 23:29:00 BST 2005

Hi Ad

I have snipped the lengthy but extremely good
response.

Ok I have managed to get the modem to work in a
fashion, the "startadsl" script only runs under root,
so I have to become root and fire up a shell screen
and type "startadsl" and then it will work for normal
users, until the computer is shut down. in the config
script it asks if you want it to run at boot time and
I say yes to it, but it does not run?? How can I get
it to run at boot time for all users?

Once I sorted the modem I'll turn to the printer!!

I have been working all night tonight on it, and feel
very tired but happy. happy knowing that my friend is
also happy with Linux and beginning to see what it can
do.

Cheers all

Mo

Long live Linux !!!