[Wolves] Another Bomb Attack

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Fri Jul 22 11:16:59 BST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 09:03 +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Thursday 21 July 2005 17:58, Morris, Simon wrote:
>
> > I use the tube daily - in fact I'm on my blackberry wandering
> towards
> > Lancaster gate now - and my biggest fright comes monthly when I
> renew my
> > ticket.
>
> Ooouuurrrrhhhh (dribble) You've got a Blackberry I'm typing this on my
> knees
> which is difficult as the laptop is still on the desk :-)
>
> Beats my Motorola Razor 3 hands down 60-40 to you I think ;-)

The blackberry is good in terms of convenience but it sucks technically
- doesn't use plain text, threaded email etc. Good to have though -
keeps me amused

> I used to live in Plumstead and commute to Blackfriars every morning
> in 1980 a
> season ticket was £1000.00 what price we talking now?

£155 roughly a month for a all zones travelcard. I live in Elm Park on
the District line and travel up to Lancaster Gate on the Central.

> I know the tube is worse but I remember in the summer people fainting
> and
> throwing up everywhere due to the over  crowding in carriages. The
> funniest
> thing was all the regulars standing in the same spot every morning and
> night
> to get exactly the same spot on the train, if you dared to change
> positions
> the look of daggers you got was incredible.

:) About 3 weeks ago a bloke standing next to me had a thermometer and
it was about 105 degrees

> Happy days.

I don't mind it so much... used to it I guess. Beats working locally.