[Wolves] Another Bomb Attack

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 12:02:50 BST 2005

On Friday 22 July 2005 11:16, Simon Morris wrote:

> The blackberry is good in terms of convenience but it sucks technically
> - doesn't use plain text, threaded email etc. Good to have though -
> keeps me amused

I heard about them 2 years ago but they were only available in the USA at the
time, I rang them up to see if I could scam one by becoming a UK outlet nall
to no avail (not daft these Americans).

About a year ago they became available in the UK I looked at them 4 months ago
but I couldn't afford/justify the line rental.

> £155 roughly a month for a all zones travelcard. I live in Elm Park on
> the District line and travel up to Lancaster Gate on the Central.

Kin Ell thats nearly 100% increase.

> :) About 3 weeks ago a bloke standing next to me had a thermometer and it
> as about 105 degrees

I doubt much has changed down there (tube wise) since my day the only air con
is the train forcing the air along the tunnel in front of it like a giant
plunger, I once saw an old lady knocked over by the blast of air as she
waited right by the tunnel end.

My first job leaving school was a messenger working for EDF Mann. Sugar Quay,
by the Tower of London we ran messages, letters and contracts in leather
satchels all over the city, they used to give us all day rider tickets for
the bus and tube, oh and £5 a week luncheon Vouchers, great fun, if you got
stuff done early we'd all nip of to regents park or something for the
afternoon.

I then got transfered to a subsidiary Pearce & Lakeman 1 Church entry just
across the road from ST Pauls.

Stop you're making me homesick.

--
Regards