[Wolves] Tiscali and Linux

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 16:57:20 BST 2005

--- Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Ad
>
> I have snipped the lengthy but extremely good
> response.
>
> Ok I have managed to get the modem to work in a
> fashion, the "startadsl" script only runs under
> root,
> so I have to become root and fire up a shell screen
> and type "startadsl" and then it will work for
> normal
> users, until the computer is shut down. in the
> config
> script it asks if you want it to run at boot time
> and
> I say yes to it, but it does not run?? How can I get
> it to run at boot time for all users?

You could drop the command into /etc/rc.local (might
be /etc/rc.d/rc.local or something similar depending
on where SuSE put it). It will get run at boot time as
root.

Ron told me about this, it's different under Debian
derivs but I'm guessing SuSE should understand it ok.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.drinky.org.uk