[Wolves] PHP/MySQL help please

Simon Morris simon.morris at cmtww.com
Mon Jul 25 17:04:20 BST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:26 +0100, Wayne Morris wrote:

> Did you see my reply?
> It WON'T work unless you install Apache,Mysql and php TOGETHER in one
> operation, if you install them all separately they ignore each other.
> Use apt-get install apache,mysql,php  (not correct syntax, but thats
> the
> principle.
>
> I banged my head on this more than once and thats what you have to do!

Despite your most excellent surname I don't believe this to be true.

I've installed PHP4 well after MySQL and Apache on servers before and it
all works - but this really down to the postinstall scripts on the
package management system in use.

Debian certainly seems to handle it.

The OP is using SUSE of course

Thanks