[Wolves] PHP/MySQL help please

Wayne Morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 18:12:00 BST 2005

Simon Morris wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:26 +0100, Wayne Morris wrote:
>

>>Did you see my reply?
>>It WON'T work unless you install Apache,Mysql and php TOGETHER in one
>>operation, if you install them all separately they ignore each other.
>>Use apt-get install apache,mysql,php  (not correct syntax, but thats
>>the
>>principle.
>>
>>I banged my head on this more than once and thats what you have to do!
>>

>Despite your most excellent surname I don't believe this to be true.
>
>I've installed PHP4 well after MySQL and Apache on servers before and it
>all works - but this really down to the postinstall scripts on the
>package management system in use.
>
>Debian certainly seems to handle it.
>
>The OP is using SUSE of course
>
>Thanks
>
>~sm

Red Hat /Fedora doesn't like it, I had Apache working for months before
I added php and mysql and only way I could get them all to talk was to
install them all as one (after removing them all).

Likewise if you install from scratch with the Fedora GUI and forget to
add mysql support, you have to remove and install.

Theres probably a MUCH easier way but I don't know it! ;-0