[Wolves] Re: Wolves Digest, Vol 89, Issue 5

Peter Cannon highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:13:06 BST 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 14:33, roundyz wrote:

> Thanks Peter, maybe I shouldn't offer advise.

Um, no thats not what I was saying.

Its how the advice is given thats important try thinking in terms of that kids
game (I cant remember what its called) warmer, warmer no colder, colder.

Rather than saying "Pete what your looking for is /dev/scanners/cuecat" (I've
fixed the xsane permissions problem by the way).

I'd start of by saying "Pete have a look in /dev bearing in mind its the
scanner permissions your after"

So Pete starts by looking in /dev *warmer* "Ah theres scanners I'll look in
there" *warmer still*

I'm no expert by any definition but a gentle nudge in the right direction is
better for both parties I'll of *had* to learn where it is and you won't have
given me it on a plate.

On occasions theres no option but to give specific advice, like I say theres
no rules and everyone has there own way of doing things.

Everyones a winner :-)

--
Regards
Dick Turpin