[Wolves] cygwin

Dick Turpin highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:33:09 BST 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 08:51, Dave Murphy wrote:

> > Anyone played with cygwin?
>
> Use it a lot, both in X (for remote X apps) and CLI modes. It's the
> only way (I know) to get rsync on XP, and I use that (over SSH) for
> lots of different things.

I know nothing about cygwin, so its a learning curve for me.

If as Kevan says you can get Kontact to run on XP via cygwin I'll be over the
moon. How does it work? is it like VMware? When I click on the cygwin icon I
get a medium sized bash shell window which says $ sales at emailsales this is a
black background with white text, when I did startx I got another window with
a white background and black text.

Is that it? or should I be getting a proper desk top?

--
Regards
Dick Turpin
highwayman.turpin at gmail.com