[Wolves] DHCP

Dick Turpin highwayman.turpin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 19:44:08 BST 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 18:53, David Goodwin wrote:

> If you _really_ need a script which does the iptables NAT/Masquerading
> stuff, let me know. I strongly suspect that SuSE may have an inbuilt
> config panel thing for it, or SuSE has one of the many firewall
> generation tools (e.g. FireStarter) bundled in.

Cheers Dave

You don't know how close you came to having a broken down crying grown man on
your doorstep!

I'm not very good at this networking stuff, my biggest fear is doing something
to the Laptop and severing all connectivity at work because then I couldnt
steal broadband for free anymore. ;-)

I'm worried right now! this is because when I get in on Monday it may throw a
wobbly because while I was messing about at home I saw that it was looking
for an IP range that I knew was in works DHCP Windows network and not mine at
home, having got DHCP Suse working I can see the laptop has been assigned a
new address so when I get in Monday works network might not accept me.

As you know from past posts the likelyhood of assistance at work is nil, in
fact it would probably please them no end!

Thanks for your pointers, it looks complicated, I'm still basking in my small
victory with NFS, I'll have a go later/tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Cheers Bud :-)

--
Regards
Dick Turpin