[Wolves] Not exactly Linux but definitely Freedom!

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 27 21:46:50 BST 2005

Once more Our Tony has claimed today that the UK public are behind his
plans to introduce compulsory ID cards.

His argument went something like 'we are introducing new digital
biometric passports so we may as well "go the whole hog" and have ID
cards'. We are led by people  who believe in eroding our freedom because
they've had a two-for-one offer.

He actually used the quoted phrase. I'd like to do something about this
before "the whole hog" starts to stink even more when they decide that
this ID is required to log on to the Internet from a uniquely
identifiable PC or they want to install CCTV in my house to check I'm
not out commiting crimes after curfew. I know the "If you've got nothing
to hide..." argument but since I haven't got anything to hide why am I
to be treated as a suspect?

Aq put this link on his diary but I don't think he mentioned it here:
    http://www.pledgebank.com/
Please consider pledging a Tenner in case I  need it.

If anyone knows any other effective way that those of us who don't want
to be shackled to an  ID card for the rest of our life could stop being
invisible then I'd like to hear about it. Yes, I'm annoyed! I thought I
was apolitical.

Woo