[Wolves] Is this old-hat, speeding up firefox?

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 18:17:24 BST 2005

--- Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe all of you know this but if you use firefox
> you
> can speed up surfing by changing the following:
>
> browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs = true
> browser.xul.error_pages.enabled = true
> network.dns.disableIPv6 = true
> network.http.max-connections 48
> network.http.max-connections-per-server 24
> network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy 12
> network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server 6
> network.http.pipelining = true
> network.http.pipelining.maxrequests 32
>
> Now i have done the above and it does work.  Why
> can't
> firefox come default like above anyway?
> Is security being comprimised by doing the above?
> Is it using more cpu/memory better?

I picked this up from Ade's blog a few months back and
it does feel a lot better. It also doesn't stop the
page loading when an image or other element is
requested from a slow or unavailable server.

I think it probably doesn't come as standard as it is
supposed to suck on dial-up. Imagine 48 consecutive
connections on a 5KB connection. You would probably
get all of the images timing out.

There could at least be 'a button' though.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.drinky.org.uk