[Wolves] Best broadband upload rate

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:43:53 BST 2005

On 29/06/05, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 June 2005 17:12, roundyz wrote:
>
> > no fedora core 4 review yet, sorry.
>
> FC4 Ok'ish still getting sticky touchpad (never had that before) apt/synaptic
> is available but packages and repos a bit thin on the ground.
>
> Currently using yum with yum extender (Formerly yummi) seems a bit flaky one
> minute yum from command line works then it gets all finicky about
> dependencies yet yum extender doing the same thing works fine and vice versa.
>
> Waiting for some of the packages available under FC3 to be available for FC4
>
> Love the latest version of Kontact now has rss feed capability and I like the
> way all the text mails in change stuff like this :) to smiley face pictures
> (sorry all you purists I'm a GUI man through and through)
>
> Want to get gdesklets installed but it looks like I'd have to do some work so
> I'll wait for the FC4 rpm to be available.
>
> Got Mplayer installed this afternoon. When I think of more I'll let you
> know :)

I gave Xandros 3 a go the other day....hmmmm, now they have improved
since I was a beta tester for them.  Everything just worked.  I have
to say that if anybody asks for a recommended Linux distro for a
newcomer (or somebody wanting to swap from Microsoft) I will have to
push them towards Xandros.  I still prefer my SuSE but this was very
nice....especially watching a DVD film without having to faff about
:-)

Shallow?  Of course, I don't care, sorry.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street