[Wolves] Linux Display

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 12:13:40 GMT 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 11:45, MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:

> I'm amazed
> that you're getting exasperate by this, rather than seeing is as valuable
> marketing information. If people are taking the trouble to phone you up to
> tell you about what they perceive as a weakness in your offering, you're
> very lucky! They're giving you the opportunity to put it right and the
> information necessary to do it.

Mute point true on the one hand it gives you the opportunity to drop your
price but thats not why they ring, email or fax they do it to be smug in fact
a good 98% of them have no intension of buying it from anywhere and probably
cant afford to either!

They are whats known in sales as 'point scorers' "Ooh look what a clever clogs
I am I can get it cheaper somewhere else" I supposed they put the phone down
and sit back congratulating themselves on how clever they are.

> You don't even need to drop your prices to below eBay's
> - all you need to do is use your promotional materials to emphasise why
> you're better than getting it through eBay and why it might be worth
> spending that bit extra. "Can you really trust eBay? What guarantee do you
> get? What aftersales service?" That sort of thing. You could also consider
> offering perks that you couldn't get through eBay.

Actually thats what I do, in fact all of what you've said above I use plus "We
don't have a whopping warehouse out the back so we cannot command the types
of discounts PC World would get.

There is the odd tosser who, after speaking to them for a bit, I don't want to
sell too as experience has taught me that in a couple of days they will be on
the phone moaning.

> Anyway, this is straying a touch from Linux

Not necessarily Linux is a product that is sold and used it can be used for
spam purposes, tenuous I know.

> :) I'm maiking no comment, by the way, on the email ad v spam debate, as I
don't have time. But I *had* to reply to the above.

And good to get some posts off you :-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.