[Wolves] Remote Assistance

Steve Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sun Mar 13 20:15:38 GMT 2005

Tim Humpherson wrote:

>Now, like I said earlier, would it be possible to do that with LINUX
><--> XP?  If not, would WINE or SAMBA do the trick?

if they run a vnc server and you run a vnc client you can connect to
their machine and see and interact with their desktop as you would at
the keyboard and mouse of the host computer.  The person sitting at that
machine can see exactly what you are doing so they don't need to bother
you a second time ;-)

tightvnc is a pretty good setup and it's available for almost every
system you might want to run it on.

hth

sparkes