[Wolves] Canon printers and Linux

Jayne Heger jayneheger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 21:42:59 GMT 2005

> Just wondering by what definition this is classed as a debate?

The fact that Kevan was pondering the fact that maybe Microsoft helped
us get further in Computing and the fact that I was then pondering the
fact that Microsoft may have hindered that.
That to me is two opposing views by two or more individuals which
could make a good debate!

And as for a Monopoly, I agree, no-ones putting a gun to people's head
saying they MUST use Microsoft products or else, It is more subtle
than that, schools/colleges teach GCSE/A-Level courses in IT using all
Microsoft products, they don't seem to know any different, so without
people knowing they are being pushed into using Microsoft products, I
could list many, many more things but I am tired and must sleep :-)

see you

Jayne